The Cornell Statistical Consulting Unit (CSCU)
The Cornell Statistical Consulting Unit (CSCU) is a professional Service supported by the Division of Nutritional Sciences, the Colleges of Human Ecology and Agriculture and Life Sciences, and the School of Industrial and Labor relation and closely associated with the Department of Statistical Sciences. The objective of CSCU is to enhance research at Cornell by assisting researchers with their statistical analyses. Our statistical consulting, instructional, and infrastructure services are coordinated to provide advice and support the use and learning of the latest methodology for undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and the entire research community.
Scheduling of appointments is encouraged for matters that require time. CSCU staff statisticians will triage clients to the most appropriate consultant taking into account the expertise of various consultants.
Visit the CSCU website
CISER Research Data Analysis Support Services
The Cornell Institute for Social and Economic Research (CISER) offers assistance with the use of data files and quantitative and qualitative data analysis software.
Our services include:
- HelpDesk support, responding to walk-in, e-mail, telephone, and instant message queries.
- Consultants help the client do their own work, providing resources and examples.
- Campus based hands-on workshops in statistical and qualitative data analysis software (current topics include SAS, Stata, SPSS, Matlab, and Atlas.ti).
- Web-based library of instructional materials and sample programs for the use of CISER's computing system, CISER data archive files, and various software packages.
Services are available to all Cornell faculty, staff, and students doing faculty-directed academic research. There is no user fee for services.
Survey Research Institute at Cornell University
The Survey Research Institute (SRI) is a full-service survey facility and our services range from study design to analysis and everything in between. Clients are offered any combination of our services to meet their needs.
Our services included:
- Study and Research Design
- Instrument Design - including questionnaire design and construction, questionnaire production, and questionnaire testing
- Establishing Sample Frame and Sample Procurement
- Focus Groups - including recruitment, moderating, and transcription
- Survey Data Collection - including CATI (Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviews), CAPI (Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews), SAQ (Self-Administered Questionnaires), and Web Surveys (Web-Administered Questionnaires)
- Coding, Data Cleaning & Documentation
- Data Analysis and Inference Testing - from basic descriptive statistics to complex modeling
- Report Preparation, Writing, and Production
Appointments for initial consultation are free of charge. Clients may request preliminary estimates of the costs of services to be provided.